The City Council voted to authorize Utah County to conduct the 2017 Primary and General Municipal Elections by using Vote by Mail, a system where all registered voters use absentee (Vote by Mail) ballots to vote.
The 2017 Primary and General Municipal Elections will be conducted using Vote by Mail. Each registered voter will be mailed a ballot and instructions for returning the ballot. Ballots for the Primary Election will be mailed out by Tuesday, July 25; and ballots for the General Election will be mailed out by Tuesday, October 17. Ballots must either be returned by mail and clearly postmarked before Election Day or placed in the ballot box at the Pleasant Grove City office building by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. Ballots cannot and will not be forwarded by the postal service. All ballots that are determined undeliverable are returned to the County Clerk's office. If you have not received your ballot within two weeks after they are mailed, please call the Utah County Clerks Elections Division office at 801-851-8109 ex 5.
2017 Primary and General Municipal Elections
Primary Election Day: August 15, 2017 General Election Day: November 7, 2017
NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL OFFICES
The municipal offices to be voted on in the Pleasant Grove City Municipal General Election on November 7, 2017, are: Mayor, four-year term, and two City Council Members, four-year terms each. The Candidate Filing Period begins June 1, 2017. Declaration of candidacy forms or nomination petition forms must be filed in person with the City Recorder at City Hall, 70 South 100 East, Pleasant Grove Utah, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Candidate Filing Period deadline ends June 7, 2017.
Candidates for municipal office must meet the following requirements:
- The person is a registered voter.
- The person is a resident within the municipality of Cedar Hills, Utah, for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of election, or the person is a resident of a recently annexed area into the municipality of Pleasant Grove City, for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of election.
- The person is mentally incompetent, not convicted of a felony, not convicted of treason, or convicted of a crime against the elective franchise, unless their right to hold elective office has been restored.
When Must the Ballot be Returned?
Ballots must be mailed and clearly postmarked before Election Day or placed in the ballot box at the Pleasant Grove City office building by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Please be sure you are registered to vote! If you have changed your name or address, even within the city, it is necessary to re-register.
To register to vote in Utah you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have resided in Utah at least 30 days immediately before the next election
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election If you are eligible to vote in Utah, you can visit www.vote.utah.gov to:
- Register to vote
- View and update your voter registration information
- View a sample ballot