Declaration of Candidacy: Each person seeking to become a candidate for a municipal office must file a Declaration of Candidacy, in person with the City Recorder, 70 S 100 E, Pleasant Grove, and pay a non-refundable filing fee of $35.00, beginning June 1st through June 7th, 2017 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.The municipal offices to be voted on in the Pleasant Grove City Municipal General Election on November 7, 2017, are: Mayor, four-year term, and two City Council Members, four-year terms each.
Each Candidate must meet the following requirements:
- The person is a United States Citizen
- The person must be at least 18 years old at the time of the next election
- The person is a registered voter in the municipality
- The person has been a legal resident of the municipality or a resident of a recently annexxed area for a period of 12 consecutive months immediatley precedng the date of the election.
- Any person convited of a felony, any mentally incompetent person, any person convited of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office until the right to hold elective office is restored.