The Honorary Colonel Association is a group of civic minded business people and citizens who have pooled their energies and resources to assist and support the Pleasant Grove Police Department.
The Honorary Colonels assist the Pleasant Grove Police Department with community relations, Business Watch, education programs, fallen officer fund, equipment and other areas as needed.
PGPD Corporal John Clayton
The Pleasant Grove Honorary Colonels thank Corporal John Clayton for his diligence and excellence in serving the residents of Pleasant Grove City.
John Clayton has been an employee of the Pleasant Grove Police Department since 1996. Prior to his employment with Pleasant Grove he worked as a narcotics officer with the Utah County Narcotics Enforcement Team. Corporal Clayton’s time with the Task Force helped him to develop a skill set that has been an asset to Pleasant Grove. During Corporal Clayton’s career with Pleasant Grove, he has been responsible for targeting and removing numerous drug related nuisances in our city.
Corporal Clayton has served the residents of Pleasant Grove as a patrol officer, detective, zoning officer, and narcotics enforcement officer. He was recently promoted to a corporal in the patrol division and is responsible for the first line supervision of a patrol team. He also serves as a member of the Utah County Metro SWAT Team.
Corporal Clayton has proven to be a competent leader and member of the Pleasant Grove Police Department. We are grateful to have him as a member of our team here in Pleasant Grove.
Who We Are and What We Do
“It’s Your Community- Get Involved”
Founded in 2010, the Pleasant Grove City Honorary Colonels Association is a non-profit corporation 501-C3, made up of citizens and civic minded business people who have pooled their energies and resources to assist the Pleasant Grove Police Department. The Honorary Colonels assist the Pleasant Grove Police Department in the following ways:
- Business Watch – Teach merchants to crime-proof their properties, watch over neighboring businesses, document and report suspicious activity. Develop a communication tree to quickly notify business owners about crime in their area (e.g. Contact nearby businesses when a robbery or other crime has been committed in their area, etc.)
- Community Relations – Promote communication and understanding between law enforcement and the citizens and business people in Pleasant Grove. Honor outstanding performance by law enforcement in Pleasant Grove.
- Fallen Officer Fund – Provide relief and aid to members of the Pleasant Grove Police Department and their family members during time of crisis such as injury or death, resulting from actions in the line of duty or other extenuating circumstances.
- Educational Programs – Provide educational programs for businesses and citizens in the Pleasant Grove community. Educational programs may include: Citizens Academy, Self Defense, Crime Prevention for homes and businesses and more.
- Equipment – Raise money for equipment needs of the Pleasant Grove Police Department .
Meet the Pleasant Grove City Honorary Colonels
The Pleasant Grove City Honorary Colonels Association is made up of the following members and businesses.
If you are interested in learning more about the Pleasant Grove City Honorary Colonels, or any of these community programs, contact Mike Carter at 801-368-4567 or email us using the form below.
- Utah’s Fallen Officer www.utahsfallen.org
- Heros Behind the Badge http://www.nleomf.org/officers/heroes-behind-the-badge/
The Pleasant Grove Honorary Colonels sponsored a very successful event on April 19, 2013. Heroes Behind the Badge was attended by over 500 people who were impressed with the showing of the recently released movie ‘Heroes Behind the Badge” which was narrated and hosted by Vincent D’Onofrio of Law & Order Criminal Intent.
The poignant illustration of the ultimate sacrifice made by law enforcement officers in the line of duty sparked many interesting and concerned questions from the audience at the conclusion of the movie. There was an obvious show of support for those in law enforcement throughout the evening event with handshakes, emotion and a pat on the back to those who serve our community.
The Honorary Colonels wish to thank all the sponsors and those who attended this remarkable evening.